Bird the San Pedro at the Holy Trinity Monastery in St David
Saturday, September 22, 7 am–1 pm
Beautiful grounds, accessible walking trails, and birds galore! Join us this fall at the Holy Trinity Monastery in St David for:
Family-friendly activities around the monastery
Guided, morning bird walks: If you plan to join us on a field trip or walk around the grounds, please RSVP here
Along the San Pedro River: 7 and 9 am (approximately two hours each)
Around the property and ponds: 8, 10, and 11 am (approximately one hour each)
Farther afield by van
- Join Tucson Audubon and many other local organizations to learn about the San Pedro River, meet local farmers and producers, explore local history and ecology and much more.
- Lunch will be available for purchase and several vendors will be selling produce and other products, please bring cash for these options.
Just bring your binoculars and your excitement! See map
Meet our partners:
- SouthWinds Farm: SouthWinds Farm is a small farm dedicated to growing delicious, healthy foods using organic and sustainable methods. They will be selling local produce and CSA shares.
- Grace Rock Lavender Farm: Grace Rock will offer a variety of lavender products such well as dried lavender, potpourri, and fresh lavender plants/flowers.
- Udderly Natural Products: Udderly Natural Products is a small goat milk rancher who incorporates their own goat milk into their private line of skincare products. Bonus, stop by two meet two baby goats for cuteness overload!
- San Pedro River Valley Salsa: Come get some salsa from a Mom and Pop Salsa company. They are in over 40 stores throughout Arizona and New Mexico.
- Delight’s Earthly Delights: Jewelry inspired by the Beauty of Science, using semi-precious stone beads, with specific pieces based on the ecology of the San Pedro River. Stop by and find something beautiful!
- Borderlands Restoration Network: Borderlands mission is to foster ecological and cultural place-based learning and leadership, restore and support healthy, regenerating water sources and flourishing plant and animal communities, and support prosperous borderland communities by expanding a vibrant restoration economy. Stop by to learn about native plants and restoration!
- Amerind Museum: The Amerind Foundation is a museum and research facility dedicated to the preservation and interpretation of Native American cultures and their histories. Learn about regional history and why the San Pedro is so important to our land.
- Saguaro Juniper Corporation: The Saguaro Juniper Corporation is a group of over 60 associates holding both deeded land and land leased from the State of Arizona. Stop by to learn about being stewards of the land.
- Pollinator Corridors Southwest: Pollinator Corridors (we call it “PoCo”) was formed with a mission of supporting southwest U.S. native plant habitats and pollinators. Pick up some seeds and learn about supporting native plants and pollinators!
- Friends of the San Pedro: Our local San Pedro stewards and experts. Stop by to learn about their dedication to the conservation and restoration of the San Pedro River through advocacy, education, interpretation and field work.
- Arizona State Parks & Trails: Come meet our friends from Kartchner Caverns State Park, crawl through a “cave” and learn about our important state parks.
- Madrean Archipelago Wildlife Center: Stop by to meet Kate and learn about her mission to build pathways of compassionate coexistence between people and wildlife in the Madrean Archipelago ecoregion through actions of wildlife rehabilitation, education, conservation, scientific, investigative, philanthropic, and charitable pursuits.
- Sulphur Springs Valley Young Birders Club: Our dedicated young birder friends will be leading bird walks around the property. Ask them about opportunities for young birders!
- Cascabel Conservation Association: Come learn about the Middle San Pedro with The Cascabel Conservation Association. CCA supports conservation, community and contemplation in the Middle San Pedro Valley.
Tucson Audubon Society
300 E University Blvd. #120 Tucson, AZ 85705
3835 W Hardy Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85742
Paton Center for Hummingbirds
477 Pennsylvania Ave.
Patagonia, AZ 85624