Birding Southeast Arizona App
A great interactive companion to our Finding Birds in Southeast Arizona, the new Birding Southeast Arizona app is now available for Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad), and an Android version is coming soon! A collaboration between Tucson Audubon and the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory, with funding from the Southeastern Arizona Birding Trail committee, the app covers over 130 birding sites in six subregions in and around Tucson, all vetted by local experts.
The app takes bird-finding in southeast Arizona to the next level:
- Use GPS to find birding “sites near me”
- View details and a list of common species for each site
- Get turn-by-turn directions and find nearby amenities
- Search all sites for a “target bird,” and find the nearest location
- Access Audubon’s online bird guide for quick reference in the field
- Plan your next trip by searching for sites near a city or ZIP code
- Tag your favorite spots and share with your friends
- Track and log your sightings and share custom sighting maps with your friends via Facebook
The app is listed in the App Store as “Birding SEAZ” and costs $9.99 Proceeds benefit the education, research, and conservation programs of the Tucson Audubon Society and the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory.
Click the screenshots below for a preview of the iPhone interface:
Revised 8th Edition, 2015
Tucson Audubon’s updated edition brings together all the latest information on finding birds in southeast Arizona. This is your best source of detailed information that will help in planning bird watching adventures in the region.
A great interactive companion to our Finding Birds in Southeast Arizona, our new app covers over 130 birding sites in six subregions in and around Tucson, all vetted by local experts. Search by nearest site, by bird, or by city and get exact directions! Keep track of your sightings and share with friends on Facebook.
Sweetwater Wetlands is a gem of urban bird and wildlife activity right in urban Tucson. 306 bird species have been documented here. Join our weekly bird walks on Wednesdays and see what you can find!