Where to Bird in Southeast Arizona
To see a bigger version of this map click in the box at the upper right of the map, or go to this direct link.
Printed Map Available
A printed version of this map was produced by Tucson Audubon Society and Tucson Parks and Recreation Department with a grant from the Arizona Game and Fish Department Heritage Fund, and with additional funds from Tucson Parks and Recreation Department. It is now available at the Tucson Audubon Nature Shops, Tucson Parks and Recreation sites other sites.
MAP CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK!
Find a list of birding sites near Tucson that are easily accessed by those with mobility issues.
Southeast Arizona Bird Walks
Find bird walks throughout Tucson and southeast Arizona at some of the best hotspots in the region!
Birding Southeast Arizona App
Developed in partnership with Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory and the Tucson Audubon Society, “Birding Southeast Arizona” brings the details of over 130 birding sites in Tucson and beyond to your smartphone. This is a great interactive companion to our Finding Birds in Southeast Arizona book!
- Search all sites for a “target bird,” and find the nearest location
- Automatically find birding “sites near me” and get map directions
- View details and a list of commonly seen species at each site
- Plan your next trip by searching for sites near a city or ZIP code
- Access Audubon’s online bird guide for quick reference in the field
- Tag your favorite spots and share bird-finding maps with your friends
- Track and log your sightings and share custom sighting maps with your friends
Just download “Birding Southeast Arizona” ($9.99 for iOS or $7.99 for Android), grab your binoculars and car keys, and go!
Important resources to help you plan a trip to southeast Arizona:
- Check out our online Tucson Birding Trail Map at tucsonaudubon.org/tucsonbirdtrail. Find info on 45 birding locations in and around Tucson, separated by habitat type! Pick up a FREE printed copy at our Nature Shops.
- Look for an upcoming free Tucson Audubon field trip
- Check the Southeast Arizona Rare Bird Alert
- Accessible Tucson birding locations
- Explore Tucson area birding month by month
- Learn tips for safe desert birding
A great interactive companion to our Finding Birds in Southeast Arizona, our new app covers over 130 birding sites in six subregions in and around Tucson, all vetted by local experts. Search by nearest site, by bird, or by city and get exact directions! Keep track of your sightings and share with friends on Facebook.
Revised 8th Edition, 2015: SOLD OUT
Tucson Audubon’s updated edition brings together all the latest information on finding birds in southeast Arizona. This is your best source of detailed information that will help in planning bird watching adventures in the region.
Sweetwater Wetlands is a gem of urban bird and wildlife activity right in urban Tucson. 306 bird species have been documented here. Join our weekly bird walks on Wednesdays and see what you can find!
Tucson Audubon Society
300 E University Blvd. #120 Tucson, AZ 85705
3835 W Hardy Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85742
Paton Center for Hummingbirds
477 Pennsylvania Ave.
Patagonia, AZ 85624