The Tucson Audubon Society presented Fly! An Evening Celebration of Arizona’s Birds and the Arts on October 20, 2017. Thank you to all our guests, gala sponsors and participants, you helped celebrate our Year of the Hummingbird in glittering style!
Not able to attend this year’s sold out event? You can still support the Gala Committee’s fundraising efforts for fall 2017 by giving a Fly! Gala Gift. See the Donate button above. Thank You to everyone who has contributed this way.
We travelled to the Kiva Ballroom and Patio at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort to:
- discover Tucson Audubon
- enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres by twilight
- meet some of nature’s avian ambassadors for their cousins in the wild
- feast on an inspired dinner from Executive Chef Ken Harvey
- hear from the heart with our speaker Karen Fogas
- bid on a silent auction of unique artworks and experiences
- flaunt our festive finery
- marvel as Master of Ceremonies Dave Fitzsimmons — “Fastest Draw West of the Pecos” — wrangled ink, and we bid for a chance to be cartooned
- experience Flam Chen’s towering hummingbirds, live music, and lots more!
Thank You, Fly! Gala Sponsors
Rivoli’s Hummingbird – Tucson Electric Power | Rufous Hummingbird level Marty Baumrind | Costa’s Hummingbird – Crown Community/Farmers Investment Company, FocusHR, Wildwind Realty | Anna’s Hummingbird – Kimberlyn Drew Realtor, Ed Curley, Laurens Halsey, Cynthia Pruett, Alice and Bill Roe | Violet-crowned Hummingbird – Diet of Hope Institute, Miguel A. Arenas, MD
All proceeds from this event further our mission at Tucson Audubon to inspire people to enjoy and protect birds through recreation, education, conservation, and restoration of the environment upon which we all depend.
M.C. Dave Fitzsimmons (above), is the cartoonist, and a columnist, for The Arizona Daily Star. A Pulitzer finalist, Fitz is syndicated to over 800 news publications around the world. No one in the news or in his audience is safe when his pen is uncapped. Described as a “flaming moderate at the fringe of America’s center,” Fitz is a snappy dresser who loves reading hate mail from readers and making his kids laugh.