The Tucson Audubon Society presents Fly! An Evening Celebration of Arizona’s Birds and the Arts, a special gala evening of wildlife, arts, fine dining and entertainment. We will be celebrating our Year of the Hummingbird in glittering style!
Friday, October 20, 2017 | Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
From 5:30 p.m. on the Kiva Patio ~ Program & Dinner at 7 p.m. ~ closes at 10 p.m.
Travel to the Kiva Ballroom and Patio at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort to:
- discover Tucson Audubon
- enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres by twilight
- meet some of nature’s avian ambassadors for their cousins in the wild
- feast on an inspired dinner from Executive Chef Ken Harvey
- hear from the heart with our speaker Karen Fogas
- bid on a silent auction of unique artworks and experiences
- flaunt your festive finery
- marvel as Master of Ceremonies Dave Fitzsimmons — “Fastest Draw West of the Pecos” — wrangles ink, and bid for a chance to be cartooned
- experience Flam Chen’s towering hummingbirds
All proceeds from this event will further our mission at Tucson Audubon to inspire people to enjoy and protect birds through recreation, education, conservation, and restoration of the environment upon which we all depend.
Just 150-200 guests will have the opportunity to join us at the Fly! event on October 20. If you would like to be among them, register now to secure your place. Why not invite friends and family to join you and book a table of ten exclusively?
M.C. Dave Fitzsimmons (above left), is the cartoonist, and a columnist, for The Arizona Daily Star. A Pulitzer finalist, Fitz is syndicated to over 800 news publications around the world. No one in the news or in his audience is safe when his pen is uncapped. Described as a “flaming moderate at the fringe of America’s center,” Fitz is a snappy dresser who loves reading hate mail from readers and making his kids laugh.