Tucson Audubon’s 10th Annual Fundraising Gala
Saturday, November 3, 2018
Celebrate the wonder of nature and the connection between birds and people.
In one glittering evening,
- Meet birder and global adventurer Noah Strycker at our exclusive VIP Meet & Greet with Noah, limited to 40, $200 each (includes your gala ticket)
- Enjoy Fizz & Feathers, a rooftop reception with bird’s eye views, cash bar and live music
- Take a chance at winning your own wine cellar!
- Challenge fellow attendees to outbid you in the Live Auction (new this year!)
- Listen to – and even go birding with – special guest speaker, Birder at Large, Noah Strycker.
Also join us for:
Birding with Noah – a full day field trip on Friday, November 2, limited to 16, $450/person (includes your Fly! Gala ticket)
Join Global Adventurer Noah Strycker, along with John Yerger and Jake Mohlmann of Adventure Birding, on a tour of the species rich Patagonia area and the Las Cienegas grasslands. The Paton Center for Hummingbirds will provide a great spot to have our lunch, not to mention the possibility of spotting Violet-crowned Hummingbirds! Nearby, the grasslands adjacent to Sonoita hold an entirely different set of species, including specialty sparrows, Lilian’s Eastern Meadowlark, Loggerhead Shrike, and White-tailed Kite. It will be a day to remember! PURCHASE TICKETS NOW
5 pm ― Exclusive VIP Meet & Greet with Noah
6 pm ― Fizz & Feathers – rooftop reception with bird’s eye views, cash bar and live music
7 pm ― Evening program with gourmet dinner, Noah Strycker presentation, live auction, and a chance to win your own wine cellar
Birding Without Borders: An Epic World Big Year
In 2015, bird nerd Noah Strycker of Oregon became the first human to see more than half of the planet’s bird species in a single, year-long, round-the-world birding trip. Anything could have happened, and a lot did. He was scourged by blood-sucking leeches, suffered fevers and sleep deprivation, survived airline snafus and car breakdowns, mudslides and torrential floods, skirted war zones, and had the time of his life. Birding on seven continents and carrying only a pack on his back, Strycker enlisted the enthusiastic support of local birders, including Tucson birders, to identify more than 6,000 species, including Adelie Penguins in Antarctica, a Harpy Eagle in Brazil, a Spoon-billed Sandpiper in Thailand, and a Green-breasted Pitta in Uganda. He shared the adventure in real time on his daily blog and now he reveals the inside story. This humorous and inspiring presentation about Noah’s epic World Big Year will leave you with a new appreciation for the birds and birders of the world.
The FLY! Gala Box Office is now OPEN
- Fly! Guest (individual) $150, includes Fizz & Feathers reception and evening dinner program
- Fly! Guest VIP (individual) $200, includes VIP Meet & Greet with Noah reception, Fizz & Feathers, and evening dinner program
- Table Sponsor $1,500, 10 guests
- Fly! Birding with Noah (individual) $450, includes Field Trip (November 2) and Fly! Guest gala ticket, includes Fizz & Feathers reception and evening dinner program.
All proceeds from this event further our mission at Tucson Audubon to inspire people to enjoy and protect birds through recreation, education, conservation, and restoration of the environment upon which we all depend.
Tucson Audubon Society
300 E University Blvd. #120 Tucson, AZ 85705
3835 W Hardy Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85742
Paton Center for Hummingbirds
477 Pennsylvania Ave.
Patagonia, AZ 85624