Celebrate the wonder of nature and the connection between birds and people.
In one glittering evening,
- Meet birder and global adventurer Noah Strycker at our exclusive VIP Meet & Greet with Noah, limited to 40, $200 each (includes your gala ticket)
- Enjoy Fizz & Feathers, a rooftop reception with bird’s eye views and live birds, courtesy of Wildlife Rehab in NW Tucson, cash bar
- Live music, courtesy of Noah Weig-Pickering and Mariachi Serenata
- Take a chance at winning your own wine cellar!
- Challenge fellow attendees to outbid you in the Live Auction (new this year!)
- Listen to – and even go birding with – special guest speaker, Birder at Large, Noah Strycker.
5 pm ― Exclusive VIP Meet & Greet with Noah Strycker
6 pm ― Fizz & Feathers – rooftop reception with bird’s eye views, live birds, cash bar and live music
7 pm ― Evening program with gourmet dinner, Noah Strycker presentation, live auction, and a chance to win your own wine cellar
Birding Without Borders: An Epic World Big Year
In 2015, bird nerd Noah Strycker of Oregon became the first human to see more than half of the planet’s bird species in a single, year-long, round-the-world birding trip. Anything could have happened, and a lot did. He was scourged by blood-sucking leeches, suffered fevers and sleep deprivation, survived airline snafus and car breakdowns, mudslides and torrential floods, skirted war zones, and had the time of his life. Birding on seven continents and carrying only a pack on his back, Strycker enlisted the enthusiastic support of local birders, including Tucson birders, to identify more than 6,000 species, including Adelie Penguins in Antarctica, a Harpy Eagle in Brazil, a Spoon-billed Sandpiper in Thailand, and a Green-breasted Pitta in Uganda. He shared the adventure in real time on his daily blog and now he reveals the inside story. This humorous and inspiring presentation about Noah’s epic World Big Year will leave you with a new appreciation for the birds and birders of the world.
Book Fly! tickets and then book a stay-cation at the Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort & Spa, 245 E Ina Rd, Tucson, AZ 85704, with our Fly! group rates
- Fly! Guest (individual) $150, includes Fizz & Feathers reception and evening dinner program
- Fly! Guest VIP (individual) $200, includes VIP Meet & Greet with Noah reception, Fizz & Feathers, and evening dinner program. Sold Out
- Table Sponsor $1,500, 10 guests
- Fly! Birding with Noah (individual) $450, includes Field Trip (November 2) and Fly! Guest gala ticket. Sold Out.
The FLY! Gala Box Office closes Oct 30, click the Fly! Gala Ticket button to be added to the Wait List, thank you.
Tucson Audubon Society
300 E University Blvd. #120 Tucson, AZ 85705
3835 W Hardy Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85742
Paton Center for Hummingbirds
477 Pennsylvania Ave.
Patagonia, AZ 85624