SOUTHEAST ARIZONA BIRDING FESTIVAL | August 8–12, 2018| Tucson, AZ
Binocular and Prizes Raffle!
Pre-register for the Nature Expo now (for free) and be entered in a drawing for a new pair of Celestron Nature DX 8x42 binoculars and more prizes when you attend the Expo and pick up your raffle ticket. The winners will be announced on Sunday of the Festival at 1:30 p.m. We will also have additional raffle tickets for sale at the Expo for $1/piece to support our continuing youth educational activities.
- Friday, August 10, 12:00pm — 6:00pm
- Saturday, August 11, 10:00am — 6:00pm
- Sunday, August 12, 10:00am — 2:00pm
Free Talks – See Events page
Schedule of Activities
Times and additional activities still being added!
- Binocular Cleaning & Evaluation with Bill Thompson III (Friday, 2pm – 4pm)
- Reid Park Zoo with animals (Saturday, 10am – 12pm)
- Wildlife Rehabilitation of Northwest Tucson Raptors (Saturday/Sunday)
- Tucson Herpetological Society
- Owl Pellet Dissection
- Nestbox Building workshop
- Short Birding Strolls around the hotel grounds
- Nestlings Storytime (Pima County Library childrens services)
- Silk Art Painting demonstration, Raebird Creations (at booth)
Festival Sponsor Exhibitors
Carl Zeiss SBE- Presenting Level
Carl Zeiss SBE is a leading, international provider of premium sports optics and is part of the Consumer Optics Group of Carl Zeiss. Carl Zeiss SBE, LLC is responsible for sales, marketing and distribution of its state-of-the-art binoculars and spotting scopes throughout the United States and Canada. Carl Zeiss SBE’s North American headquarters is located in Thornwood, NY. The company is a supporter of a variety of projects within the birding community and is the proud sponsor of Cornell Lab or Ornithology’s eBird platform, the American Birding Association’s Birding News, as well as a variety of young birder programs including New Jersey and Ohio. The product portfolio relating to birding includes its’ entry level – premium Terra ED binoculars, Conquest HD binoculars in mid-tier models and most premium VICTORY SF binoculars and new HARPIA spotting scope.
Tamron – Associate Level
Tamron lenses deliver a superb fusion of performance and value. Check out the new 18-400mm ultra-tele all-in-one zoom, 100-400mm Di VC USD and the SP 150-600mm Di VC USD G2. Each has the focal length reach needed for dramatic close-up photographs of birds in flight. Moisture resistant construction gives you confidence when shooting in inclement weather. And Vibration Compensation ensures sharp images when using Tamron’s VC lenses for hand-held shooting. All Tamron lenses have a 6-year USA warranty and 3-business day repair turnaround at no extra charge. Register your lens towards 2019 VIP Club membership.
Beaumont & Port Arthur Convention and Visitors Bureau – Supporting Level
Beaumont and Port Arthur, Texas are along two migratory flyways which brings a wide variety of birds in multiple diverse habitats. Our unique location, offers you an experience unlike anywhere else. Within a 40-mile radius, you will find 28 great Texas Coastal birding trails such as: Sea Rim State Park, Sabine Pass, the Big Thicket, and Anahuac Wildlife Refuge just to name a few.
Swarovski Optik – Supporting Level
SWAROVSKI OPTIK regards tradition, origin, quality awareness, entrepreneurial boldness, innovativeness, absolute devotion to service and product functionality as the core values guiding all its actions. These principles have evolved from within the company at SWAROVSKI OPTIK and they are put into practice every day by all our staff.
Nature Expo Exhibitors
- Adventure Birding Company
- Arizona Game & Fish
- Arizona Master Naturalists
- Beaumont & Port Arthur Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Carl Zeiss Sports Optics
- Chaco Metal/New World Artisans
- Claudia Schwalm Photography
- Tucson Audubon’s Habitat at Home Program
- Hawaii Birding Babe
- Holbrook Travel
- Hunt’s Photography
- Icaro Birding Tours to Colombia
- Marcy Gray (Jewelry)
- Tucson Audubon Nature Shop
- Olympus American Inc
- Raebird Creations
- Sabrewing Nature Tours
- Saguaro National Park
- San Diego Bird Festival
- Santa Rita Lodge
- Tamron USA, Inc
- Tucson Water
- Valley Nature Center
- Visit Tucson concierge services
- Wil Taylor Art
- Wildside Nature Tours
- Western National Parks Association
- WINGS Birding Tours Worldwide
Tucson Audubon Society
300 E University Blvd. #120 Tucson, AZ 85705
3835 W Hardy Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85742
Paton Center for Hummingbirds
477 Pennsylvania Ave.
Patagonia, AZ 85624