SOUTHEAST ARIZONA BIRDING FESTIVAL
Hours: Friday, 12pm–5pm Saturday, 10am–5pm Sunday, 10am–2pm
VENDORS & ACTIVITIES
- Tucson Audubon Nature Shop – Our Shop has everything you need to ensure you have the best possible birding experience while you’re here.
- Kids activities–coloring contest, making a pine cone feeder, scavenger hunt, and more
- Native Plant Sale with Nighthawk Natives Nursery–bring nature to your home!
- Birding Tour Companies–WINGS, Borderland Tours, Wildside Nature Tours, Victor Emmanuel Tours
- Nestbox Building–Build a Lucy Warbler’s nest box and donate it to Tucson Audubon or purchase and hang it in your yard!
- “Big Minute” Contest–Find as many “birds” as you can within a minute at the Expo for a special prize. Fun for kids (and adults too!)
- Live Animal Exhibits
- Optic Companies including Zeiss, Swarovski, Leica, and Opticron
- And MORE!!!
- Friday, 2-2:45pm–“Paton House: Arizona’s Hummingbird Treasure” with Jonathan Lutz of Tucson Audubon Society
- Friday, 4-5pm–“How to Select Better Birding Optics” with Richard Moncrief of Carl Zeiss Sports Optics
- Saturday 12-12:45–“Recent History of Jaguars and Wolves in Southeast Arizona” with Mark Hart of Arizona Game & Fish
- Saturday, 1-2:30pm–“Furs, Feathers, & Fangs” with Crystal Holcombe of Arizona Sonora Desert Museum
- Sunday, 11-12pm–“Birding for Beginners” with Crystal Holcombe of Arizona Sonora Desert Museum
- Sunday, 1-2pm–“Birding for Kids” with Richard Moncrief of Carl Zeiss Sports Optics
- TBD: Pima County Natural Resources
- TBD: Saguaro National Park
FREE YOUTH FIELD TRIP
YOUTH BIRDER OUTING at Sweetwater Wetlands sponsored by Zeiss Sports Optics
Saturday, August 12; 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Sweetwater serves as an environmental education facility and habitat for a wide variety of wildlife. Get ready for an easy walk through the wetlands to see waterfowl, warblers, and several exciting species hiding in the reeds. Birders ages 6-17 and of all experience levels are welcome to participate in an expert-led trip! Binoculars will be available for use, courtesy of Zeiss Sports Optics and each student will receive a free Southeast Arizona bird checklist. Limited to 30 participants.
Register Here and use coupon code “waivefee” for free registration for this trip.