SOUTHEAST ARIZONA BIRDING FESTIVAL
Volunteer at the Festival
Tucson Audubon volunteers are the driving force behind the Southeast Arizona Birding Festival
Volunteer Opportunities at the festival:
- Van Captain: Prepares vans in the morning by driving them into place in front of the hotel and helping load. Available times: Thursday (7-8am), Friday (4-7am, 5:30-6pm), Saturday (4-7am), Sunday (4-6am), Monday (4:30-5:30am).
- Van Packer: Helps pack the vans with cooler and lunches. Available times: Friday (4-7am), Saturday (4-7am), Sunday (4-6am), Monday (4:30-5:30am).
- Lunch/Food Prep: Helps to pack ice chests, sort sandwiches, pack snack boxes for trips. Available times: Wednesday (3-4pm), Thursday (5-7pm), Friday (5-7pm), Saturday (5-7pm), Sunday (2-3pm).
- Shopping for snacks/drinks/fruit: Join Luke for a Costco/grocery store expedition or team with another volunteer for this important part of the festival.
- Picking up Sandwiches from Beyond Bread: Daily orders Wednesday-Sunday. Times vary.
- Activity Table: Helps to engage students, families, participants, in fun games, coloring contest, pine cone feeders, etc. Available times: Friday (11:30-2:30pm, 2:30-5:30pm), Saturday (9:30-12:30pm, 12:30-3:30pm, 3:30-6pm), Sunday (12:30-3:30pm).
- Counter: Keeps track of how many participants engage in the festival with a “clicker”. Available times: Saturday (12:30-3:30pm, 3:30-6pm), Sunday (9:30-12pm).
- Van Greeter & Clean-Up: Helps greet participants upon return of field trip, cleans out van and returns it to parking area. Available times: Friday (7:45-8:15pm), Saturday (1:30-4:30pm), Sunday (10:45-1pm, 1-4:30pm), Monday (1:45-2:15pm).
- Van Refueler: Works with a staff member to refuel vans at neighboring gas station. Available times: Friday (1-3pm, 3-5pm), Saturday (1-3pm, 3-5pm).
- Dinner Program Assistant: Helps festival coordinator with different parts of the evening event. A/V knowledge is a plus. Available times: Friday (5:30-8:30pm), Saturday (5:30-8:30pm).
- Van Driver for Naturalist Saunter: Join this field trip for free by driving the van. Includes somewhat strenuous hiking. Available time: Saturday (5:15-4pm).
- General Clean-Up/Take-Down: Help us pack everything up! Available time: Sunday (2-3pm).
- Nature Shop Booth Assistant: Works at the Tucson Audubon Nature Shop booth, helpful to know how to use Ipad to record sales. Available times: Friday (11:30-2:30pm, 2:30-5:30pm), Sunday (12:30-3pm).
Contact Luke Safford, Volunteer Coordinator by email or phone at 520-209-1811 if you are interested and he will get you scheduled!