Spring Wing Fling
Spring Membership Gathering at the Paton Center for Hummingbirds – RSVP below
Saturday, April 8th, 7:00 – 11:30 am
Backyard feeders, a glistening pond, a green meadow, and hummingbirds galore! Join us this spring at the Paton Center for Hummingbirds for:
- Guided, morning bird walks:
- 7:00 am Early Bird Walk – Paton’s yard, the Paton-TNC trail, and Blue Haven Road; 2.5 miles total walking.
- 8:00 am (concurrent session), Paton’s Bird Blitz – Birding tour of the property with a goal of gaining a full accounting of bird activity.
- 8:00 am (concurrent session), Blue Haven Birding by Bicycle – BYOB for a guided group ride-and-bird down Blue Haven Road.
- 9:00 am Paton’s Bird Blitz – Birding tour of the property with a goal of gaining a full accounting of bird activity.
- 10:00 am The Birds of Paton’s – Low intensity instructional birding tour of the grounds; great for beginning birders!
- 11:30 am Wrap up and farewells; lunch on your own in Patagonia (Birders Bring Business!)
- Space on these walks is limited, but don’t fret if they are full! Onsite volunteers will facilitate birding around the property; there’s plenty of fun to be had at the Paton Center!
- Coffee and snacks
- Information about this year’s Birdathon
- And more!
Just bring your binoculars and your excitement! See map.
Finding Birds in Southeast Arizona, Revised 8th Edition, 2015
Tucson Audubon’s updated edition brings together all the latest information on finding birds in southeast Arizona. This is your best source of detailed information that will help in planning bird watching adventures throughout southeast Arizona. New for the Revised Eighth Edition:
- New birding sites across Southeast Arizona
- New maps and updated older maps
- Updated contact information and web addresses
- Updated information on existing site locations
- Updated information on entering Mexico
- Updated IBA (Important Bird Areas) information, including sites
- Updated bar graphs and species accounts for all species