SATURDAY, MARCH 3, 2018 · TIME: 7 AM–NOON
2511 W Sweetwater Dr, Tucson, AZ 85745
Presented by Tucson Audubon and Tucson Water
Meet your birds at Sweetwater Wetlands, where 309 bird species have been seen! A free, fun Tucson tradition! We make it easy for you to get the birding ‘bug’—with binoculars to loan, expert guides pointing out the birds, and hands-on birding activities.
Also participating: UA Project Wet, Wildlife Rehabilitation in Northwest Tucson, Tucson Wildlife Center, Tucson Water, Arizona Game and Fish, Tucson Herpetological Society, Nighthawk Natives Nursery, Tucson Audubon Nature Shop, & more.
- Activities for families and children
- Meet Tucson Water’s high-tech water filtration system demonstration semi.
- Close-up looks at live birds, fish and reptiles, and native plants for sale
- Test drive binoculars with our Nature Shop experts
- Enter to win a pair of Zeiss Terra binoculars!
- Bella’s Gelato Shoppe and EnjoyABowls food trucks
- Wheelchair accessible paths and free parking
Make it more fun!
- Bring someone who has never been to Sweetwater Wetlands
- Bring a child, friend or neighbor who is new to birding
- Bring a birder who has just moved to Tucson
- Bring someone who wants to learn about Tucson Audubon
For more information call 520-629-0510, ext 2
Just in time for Tucson Meet Your Birds, Tucson Water has just released a great new iBook, The Sweetwater Wetlands Wildlife Field Guide! This interactive digital guide (iOS) will enhance your visit on March 3 by giving you facts and photos of the birds, mammals and other wildlife at Sweetwater Wetlands.
FREE Download now at https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id1334808127
Volunteers! You can sign up as a volunteer for this event.
- See the photo albums from past Tucson Meet Your Birds events, 2016 and 2017
- Directions to Sweetwater: Coming from the north on I-10, coming from the east on Prince Rd, coming from the south on I-10.
- Map of the Wetlands
Find the event on Facebook and share on social media using #TucsonMeetYourBirds and #SweetwaterWetlands
Tucson Audubon Society
300 E University Blvd. #120 Tucson, AZ 85705
3835 W Hardy Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85742
Paton Center for Hummingbirds
477 Pennsylvania Ave.
Patagonia, AZ 85624