A year of events to engage with birds and Tucson Audubon!
OktoBIRDfest – October 11, 2017
- Enjoy La Cocina appetizers
- Join the chicken dance contest
- Play the German bird I.D. quiz
- Win prizes!
Tucson Audubon’s Annual Gala – October 20, 2017, Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
The Tucson Audubon Society presents Fly! An Evening Celebration of Arizona’s Birds and the Arts, a special gala evening of wildlife, arts, fine dining and entertainment. We will be celebrating our Year of the Hummingbird in glittering style
Enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres by twilight, meet some of nature’s avian ambassadors for their cousins in the wild, feast on an inspired dinner from Executive Chef Ken Harvey, hear from the heart with our speaker Karen Fogas, bid on a silent auction of unique artworks and experiences, marvel as Master of Ceremonies Dave Fitzsimmons — “Fastest Draw West of the Pecos” — wrangles ink, and bid for a chance to be cartooned, experience Flam Chen’s towering hummingbirds.
Weekly Birding Field Trips at Sweetwater Wetlands – Every Wednesday
Join Luke Safford for an easy walk through the Sweetwater Wetlands to see waterfowl, regular and visiting warblers, and several exciting species hiding in the reeds. Birders of all experience levels welcome! The Wetlands are located at 2511 W Sweetwater Drive.
Contact Luke with questions, 520-209-1811, email@example.com.
- Start times: November – Feb: 8 a.m.; March – April: 7 a.m.; May – August: 6 a.m.; September – Oct: 7 a.m.
- See the full list of birding field trips currently on offer
Tucson Meet Your Birds – Spring 2018
Come and meet your birds at Sweetwater Wetlands where 303 bird species have been seen! We’ll make it easy for you as experts point out birds throughout the 20 acres of tree-lined habitat. Kids activities, live animals, vendor booths, binocular try-outs and food trucks round out this fun event for the whole family. Details coming soon!
Birdathon – Spring 2018
Celebrate spring with Tucson Audubon’s most established and largest FUNraiser of the year. BIRDATHON! Birdathon is like a walkathon, only instead of walking, we go birding and gather pledges per species seen.
- Fun for challenge everyone – kids, adults, beginners, and experts. How many bird species can you find?
- Hold your Birdathon any time in April; your day can last from 1 hour to 24!
- Join a team or lead one! Gather a group of friends and go find birds for a fun, different activity
- Stay tuned for details and exact dates for 2018
Southeast Arizona Birding Festival – August 8–12, 2018
EXPERIENCE SOUTHEAST ARIZONA BIRDING AT ITS BEST. See birds you can find nowhere else in the U.S, including Elegant Trogon, Lucifer Hummingbird, Red-faced Warbler, Arizona Woodpecker, Montezuma Quail and much, much more.
- Birding field trips all over southeast Arizona with expert leaders
- Excellent evening programs and dinners
- Nature Expo with vendor booths, FREE talks, live animals, and kids activities
- Lecture and field workshops
- Volunteer opportunities
See the winning images from our Year of the Hummingbird Photo Contest! Details here.
Tucson Audubon's Paton Center for Hummingbirds
The Paton Center for Hummingbirds is a place to explore and experience the special birds of southeast Arizona. It is dedicated to the celebration and conservation of hummingbirds—and all of southeast Arizona’s astounding biodiversity—through recreation, education, and sustainable living.
Tucson Audubon Society
300 E University Blvd. #120 Tucson, AZ 85705
3835 W Hardy Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85742
Paton Center for Hummingbirds
477 Pennsylvania Ave.
Patagonia, AZ 85624