(520) 629-0510 x7015
300 E. University Blvd, #120
(corner of University & 5th Ave.)
Tucson, AZ 85705
Tucson Audubon has four parking spots next to the Shop on 5th Ave.
anytime, from anywhere
Support our Nestbox program
This beautiful nestbox was made by Fred Dardis and is sold as a fundraiser for the nestbox program. It has a pine base and is covered by saguaro ribs, making it very durable. This item is available for local pickup only.
Or Shop In-person...
The Tucson Audubon Nature Shop
Store hours are Wednesday–Friday 10–4, & TUESDAY and Saturday 10–2.
(520) 629-0510 x7015
Discover where and when to find your target species and easily access more than 150 birding locations throughout southeast Arizona with this comprehensive guide. How could you go birding without it? You’ll see more birds and discover great new places to visit when you buy this book.
Use this book to plan a day of birding or an entire trip. If you are just beginning to bird in southeast Arizona or just looking for a new bird watching plan, the “Planning Your Trip” section offers birding ideas for any length of trip.
To ease your planning, we have divided the book into 12 birding areas, each with its own section in the book. It’s birding made easy. Each section includes:
- A map that highlights the most popular birding locations, with the names of streets, canyons, mountains and other landscape features.
- Tips from dedicated local birding experts, who are out in the field every day.
Our book features seasonal bar graphs: these enable you to check the status of any species found in the region during any month. They are simple to use and contain huge amounts of information which the Arizona Bird Committee works to keep current, and we count ourselves fortunate to have their strong support when providing this information through our book.
The book also includes useful information including:
- How to prepare for Arizona climate and weather
- Other species of wildlife to watch for while out birding
New for the Revised Eighth Edition:
- New birding sites across Southeast Arizona
- New maps and updated older maps
- Updated contact information and web addresses
- Updated information on existing site locations
- Updated information on entering Mexico
- Updated IBA (Important Bird Areas) information, including sites
- Updated bar graphs and species accounts for all species
- Printed locally on recycled paper using renewable energy
- 12 oz. capacity with built-in ant moat
- Easy to use hummingbird feeder won’t drip or leak
- Features raised feeding ports to divert rain with wraparound perch
- Easy to clean & refill with easy-open cover
- Made in the USA