News and Events
Water Matters More, film at the Loft
Join Tucson Audubon and the Patagonia Area Resource Alliance for a FREE showing of Water Matters More: Water Issues in the Patagonia Mountains here in Arizona. Please register to save your seat and consider a small donation to help us cover costs and keep fighting for clean and safe water in our communities.
“Water Matters More” is a short film that tells the story of the Sonoita Creek watershed, the Patagonia community (Arizona), and the threats posed to both by an Australian mining company. As we witness the continued favoritism of extractive industries by federal and state officials, the film focuses on the Patagonia area’s thriving, nature-based economy and the local residents, scientists, and organizations working to protect human and non-human life in the region.
“Water Matters More” was created by Michele Gisser with financial support from the Patagonia Area Resource Alliance, the Story of Stuff Project, Friends of Sonoita Creek, and Friends of the Santa Cruz River.
- What: Water Matters More: Water Issues in Arizona’s Patagonia Mountains
- When: March 5th 6:30–8:30 pm
- Where: The Loft Cinema (map)
A great interactive companion to our Finding Birds in Southeast Arizona, the new Birding Southeast Arizona app is now available for Apple iOS ($9.99) and Android ($7.99) devices. A collaboration between Tucson Audubon and the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory, with funding from the Southeastern Arizona Birding Trail committee, the app covers over 130 birding sites in six subregions in and around Tucson, all vetted by local experts.
- Use GPS to find birding “sites near me”
- View details and a list of common species for each site
- Get turn-by-turn directions and find nearby amenities
- Search all sites for a “target bird,” and find the nearest location
- Access Audubon’s online bird guide for quick reference in the field
- Plan your next trip by searching for sites near a city or ZIP code
- Tag your favorite spots and share with your friends
- Track and log your sightings and share custom sighting maps with your friends via Facebook
Proceeds benefit the education, research, and conservation programs of the Tucson Audubon Society and the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory.
Tucson Audubon’s 2017 Annual Report
Learn about the outcomes of our very successful 2017. Information and updates on all of our conservation, advocacy, recreation and engagement activities.
Calendar Key: Tucson Audubon Events | Birding Field Trips | Volunteer Opportunities
Tucson Audubon Society
300 E University Blvd. #120 Tucson, AZ 85705
3835 W Hardy Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85742
Paton Center for Hummingbirds
477 Pennsylvania Ave.
Patagonia, AZ 85624