News and Events
Calendar Key: Tucson Audubon Events | Birding Field Trips | Volunteer Opportunities
Southeast Arizona Birding Festival
August 8–12, 2018
Experience southeast Arizona birding at its best! Expert-led field trips across the region, Bill Thompson III for the keynote banquet, photography events, Nature Expo with paid and FREE workshops, talks, activities, vendor fair, Kids’ Zone, and so much more!
Find out more at tucsonaudubon.org/festival
A great interactive companion to our Finding Birds in Southeast Arizona, the new Birding Southeast Arizona app is now available for Apple iOS ($9.99) and Android ($7.99) devices. A collaboration between Tucson Audubon and the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory, with funding from the Southeastern Arizona Birding Trail committee, the app covers over 130 birding sites in six subregions in and around Tucson, all vetted by local experts.
- Use GPS to find birding “sites near me”
- View details and a list of common species for each site
- Get turn-by-turn directions and find nearby amenities
- Search all sites for a “target bird,” and find the nearest location
- Access Audubon’s online bird guide for quick reference in the field
- Plan your next trip by searching for sites near a city or ZIP code
- Tag your favorite spots and share with your friends
- Track and log your sightings and share custom sighting maps with your friends via Facebook
Proceeds benefit the education, research, and conservation programs of the Tucson Audubon Society and the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory.
Tucson Audubon’s 2017 Annual Report
Learn about the outcomes of our very successful 2017. Information and updates on all of our conservation, advocacy, recreation and engagement activities.
Tucson Audubon Society
300 E University Blvd. #120 Tucson, AZ 85705
3835 W Hardy Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85742
Paton Center for Hummingbirds
477 Pennsylvania Ave.
Patagonia, AZ 85624