News and Events
Calendar Key: Tucson Audubon Events | Birding Field Trips | Volunteer Opportunities
Birding Southeast Arizona App
A great interactive companion to our Finding Birds in Southeast Arizona, the new Birding Southeast Arizona app is now available for Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad), and an Android version is coming soon! A collaboration between Tucson Audubon and the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory, the app covers over 130 birding sites in six subregions in and around Tucson, all vetted by local experts.
The app takes bird-finding in southeast Arizona to the next level:
- Use GPS to find birding “sites near me”
- View details and a list of common species for each site
- Get turn-by-turn directions and find nearby amenities
- Search all sites for a “target bird,” and find the nearest location
- Access Audubon’s online bird guide for quick reference in the field
- Plan your next trip by searching for sites near a city or ZIP code
- Tag your favorite spots and share with your friends
- Track and log your sightings and share custom sighting maps with your friends via Facebook
The app is listed in the App Store as “Birding SEAZ” and costs $9.99 Proceeds benefit the education, research, and conservation programs of the Tucson Audubon Society and the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory.
Tucson Audubon’s 2016 Annual Report
Learn about the outcomes of our very successful 2016. Information and updates on all of our conservation, advocacy, recreation and engagement activities.