Spotting birds in support of Tucson Audubon . . . that’s the essence of Birdathon, a southeast Arizona tradition since 1987.
Between April 7th and May 7th, the “Traditional” Birdathoner will pick a 24 hour period and go birding for the birds, raising support and awareness all across southeast Arizona. The “Creative” Birdathoner will bring extra personality to their Birdathon and stretch it out over multiple days/weeks.
What is Birdathon and how do I participate?
- Like walk-a-thon, but instead of counting laps, go birding and gather pledges per species seen. Click the “About” button below for more details!
- Fun challenge everyone – kids, adults, beginners, and experts. How many bird species can you find?
- Hold your Birdathon any time from April 7 to May 7; your day can last from 1 hour to 24!
- Join a team or lead one! Gather a group of friends and go find birds for a fun, different activity
- Prizes will be awarded in a variety of categories for those doing a “Traditional” Birdathon that takes place during a 24 hour period.
- Raise $50 or more and receive a Birdathon t-shirt at the Birdathon Wrap Up Party.
- Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned for details and fundraising tips in our weekly emails and on this website!
Help us kick off Birdathon at: Spring Wing Fling – Membership Gathering
- Guided, morning bird walks—Every hour, on the hour, from 7 to 10 am!
- Coffee and snacks
- Information about Tucson Audubon this year’s Birdathon
- And more!
Tucson Audubon Society
300 E University Blvd. #120 Tucson, AZ 85705
3835 W Hardy Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85742
Paton Center for Hummingbirds
477 Pennsylvania Ave.
Patagonia, AZ 85624